With 2 simple props and a bit of sleight of hand, you can be well on your way to performing an interesting card trick.
Amaze your friends with this very simple card trick.
Step 1: Look at top card
Look at the top card of the deck before you perform the trick.
Step 2: Put deck under handkerchief
Show your audience the deck of cards; face down in your palm.
Step 3: Put handkerchief over deck
Place a handkerchief over the deck while turning it so the face is up, without the audience noticing.
TIP: Keep the audience engaged with a joke or a bit of magic history.
Step 4: Cut the deck
Have an audience member cut the deck.
Step 5: Pick up bottom pile
Pick up the bottom pile and flip it over under the handkerchief so it is face down again in your palm.
Step 6: Show deck
Show the deck, face down in your hand, tap the top card, and reveal the card to the audience.
Step 7: Tell audience card
Tell the audience what card you are holding up. Bow and take in the applause
Did you know? The oldest known deck of cards had four suits containing designs of coins, cups, swords and polo sticks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades