Learn the elevation card trick with this instructive how-to video. Fascinate friends with your ability to magically make cards rise up and out of a deck as if levitating.
You Will Need:
• A spectator
• A deck of elevation cards
• A table
Step 1: Have a spectator pick a card
Have a spectator pick a card but retain the bottom 12 cards. These are gimmick cards containing magnetic weights that raise any card touching them.
Step 2: Place card in the deck
Take the spectator's card and replace it in the deck.
Step 3: Cut deck and make sure card is next to magnet card
Cut the deck, replacing the magnetic card on the bottom of one half on top of the spectator's card on the top of the other half.
Step 4: Place deck next to fist
Place a fist on the table. Stand the deck in front of your fist, flipping the cards so that gravity lowers the weight in the gimmick, raising the chosen card stuck to the gimmick. Instruct the spectator to focus and watch as the card magically rises out of the deck.
Step 5: Unclick magnet before the spectator examines the deck
After the card rises, discretely unclick the magnetic gimmick that made the card rise.
Trivia: The term "hocus-pocus" dates to the 17th century, when performers invented the pseudo-Latin phrase as a magic formula.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades