Use your magic skills to perform this hot trick at your next party.
You Will Need
* A playing card
* Magician's invisible thread
* A match
* An audience
Step 1: Tape string
Tape one end of the invisible string to one corner of the card.
Step 2: Wrap card
Wind the string lengthwise around the card numerous times, moving towards the opposite end of the card to make a bed for the match.
Step 3: Tape string
Tape the other end of the invisible string to the card.
Step 4: Perform the trick
Place the card in the palm of your hand.
Keep your hand flat.
Step 5: Place match on the card
Place the match on the card.
Step 6: Cup the card
Wave your empty hand over the card while squeezing the ends of the card in your hand to give the illusion of the match floating.
Step 7: Wave hand
Wave your empty hand again while slowly relaxing your grip on the card, returning it to a flat position. This will give the illusion of the match floating downward.
Fact: The Mendelssohn Opera Company created the first ads on matchbooks in the late 1890s.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades